TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have set these simple terms and conditions below to protect us as a business, we ask you to respect them whilst using our services.
1a. By booking our services you accept these terms and conditions of trading with GILLIES CLEANING.
2. All our work is guaranteed but sometimes mistakes can be made. If you are unhappy with the quality of your clean, please register your complaint within 72 hours. We will return to clean the affected windows without charge. You may call us on (01303 888250). All re-cleans are at the discretion of GILLIES CLEANING. Any complaints made after 72 hours are also at the discretion of GILLIES CLEANING.
3a.Should you wish to cancel GILLIES CLEANING services please do so in writing by way of letter or e-mail within 21 days of your last clean. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive your cancellation request. GILLIES CLEANING are not responsible for any communication that is lost in the post. GILLIES CLEANING will acknowledge your cancellation request in writing to the address or e-mail provided.
3b.All new customers who join our regular service will have committed to a minimum of 6 cleans before you can cancel or change your regular service unless any special terms were previously agreed. Other frequencies may be available in your area should you wish to cut back the current level of cleaning we offer to you, please call for details.
3c. All new customers have a 21day ‘cooling off’ period in which to cancel or change any further services from the date of the first clean. After 21days section 3b will apply. Cancellation must follow as per section 3a.
4. All goods and services remain the property of GILLIES CLEANING until paid for in full.
5. We are more than happy to solve any problems as we only want to provide the best quality service to our customers. Please Contact GILLIES CLEANING (01303 888250) to alert us to any problems. Obtaining optimum cleaning results may take a few washes, this is due to the result of traditional window cleaning methods, excessive dirt and residue build up, detergent can cause slight spotting, and leaching can occur from frames, trickling water marks from frames and vents. This should all cease once the dirt has been fully removed, regular washes resolves nearly all these issues. If however this has not happened then please contact us. In addition certain windows and the frames require different levels of our attention of detail when cleaning, this is due to seals, certain vents and oxidation occurring which we may not notice first hand. If repeated spotting occurs we would carry out an inspection and create a report on your windows to identify and resolve the problem.
6a. GILLIES CLEANING operate 52 weeks per annum therefore we may clean your windows during inclement weather. GILLIES CLEANING reserve the right to decide if the window cleaning services should be carried out or abandoned. GILLIES CLEANING will clean you windows in most weather conditions to continue a regular service to our clients. We will still clean in light rain and light snow or frost, although in the event of heavy rain, heavy snow or hard frost we will clean your windows at the next time slot we have available. We do not work in very strong winds or during lightning storms as this would be unsafe for us.
6b.The pure water systems work in all weathers therefore weather conditions are not an acceptable reason for postponing our services. We can clean your home/premises in all conditions without affecting quality.
6c. GILLIES CLEANING are not responsible for any weather conditions after we have cleaned the windows and cannot postpone work in view of future weather conditions.
7. If you wish to cancel or postpone GILLIES CLEANING services on the day of your scheduled clean and/upon arrival then GILLIES CLEANING reserve the right to charge 50% of the total price payable for your clean. Please contact GILLIES CLEANING within 3 weeks of your last clean to instruct us of any reason for postponing the next clean.
8. All quotations are based on agreed frequencies. Should you break this agreement by postponements to this service, once service is re-established, the first clean can carry a surcharge. These charges are at GILLIES CLEANING Discretion.
9. We would be happy to send you a schedule of your service. Please not however, due to weather conditions, holiday periods and ill health,these are a guide and we cannot be held to a specific date.
10a.We will endeavour to clean all windows however, if we deem any of the windows to be inaccessible or unsafe to clean, we will not clean them. Should we be unable to access any part of your property due to land locked gardens and certain locked access or entrance gates we will only clean the accessible areas. This may be charged at percentage of the total clean cost.
10b.We are not responsible for moving obstacles such as but not exhaustive to: flowerpots and garden furniture. If such items restrict access to a particular area of your property we may not be able to clean it. We request that all small children and pets are kept inside the property whilst our operatives are cleaning your windows. The area should be free from any kind of animal excrement. We will only climb over locked gates and walls given it safe for us to do so and may not give you prior notice.
11. In freezing temperatures it may be necessary to grit areas of excess water. We accept no liabilities for any staining that may occur as a result. In very icy conditions we will not wash certain parts of your property due to health and safety and may leave windows alongside or by access paths. In addition we do not clean doors in these conditions due to similar reasons.
12a. We do not accept any liability for damage caused by decorative or structural defects or conditions at your property. This is not limited to, doors, fascia’s, guttering, ill fitted windows, conservatory trims, unsecured windows and door, rotting frames, decorative bars, leaking seals etc.
12b. We accept no liability for decorative bars coming loose or falling from the exterior of the glass. If these bars are correctly installed our brushes will not damage or dislodge them in any way.
13. In the event of any accident GILLIES CLEANING, if necessary, will instruct an Insurance Assessor to investigate the root cause of the accident. GILLIES CLEANING will not accept liability for any accident deemed out of GILLIES CLEANING control that has occurred as a result of fittings or glass already damaged arising from faulty construction, poorly maintained windows or conservatory roofs and the customer will be liable for any repair or out of pocket expenses.
14. GILLIES CLEANING and all GILLIES CLEANING operatives are comprehensively insured under our Public Liability Insurance Policy. For more information please contact us.
15. Prior to commencing any work on Commercial Outlets a full Risk Assessment/Method Statement will be carried out and recorded in line with both GILLIES CLEANING and the customers H&S Policies, available to view on request.
16. Full payment must be received within 21 days of the clean, unless otherwise agreed beforehand. If you fail to do this your account may be suspended until such time as the arrears have been settled. If you claim to have posted payment, the onus is upon you to prove payment has arrived and cleared. We cannot accept liability for cash, cheques or postal orders that have been lost in the post. We do not advise sending cash in the post. You may however post cash by hand through our door at the property in Dymchurch if it is in an envelope with the address of the property cleaned clearly written on it.
17. GILLIES CLEANING reserve the right to charge £2.50 for late payments. If payment exceeds 90 days a late payment charge of £10 in total will be added to your account to compensate for all types of communication required to collect payment. GILLIES CLEANING reserve the right to pass this account over to an outsourced legal department and to proceed with court action to recover all outstanding debts, legal costs and any added expense incurred with regards to this debt.
18. At no time will your data ever be sold or passed on to 3rd parties who do not provide you with your window cleaning service. GILLIES CLEANING collects data from our customers in the form of Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, Email Address and further job specific details to build up a description of your cleaning requirements. This information is strictly for the use of GILLIES CLEANING for cleaning and communication purposes.. We respect our customers’ privacy and this information is kept in line with data protection regulations at all times.
19. GILLIES CLEANING operatives/representatives will remain polite, courteous, reliable, and professional at all times. If any representative of GILLIES CLEANING fails to adhere to this code of conduct you are to report this immediately to the GILLIES CLEANING office in writing by letter or email. This in turn will be investigated internally and GILLIES CLEANING will keep the customer informed of the outcome of their investigation.
20.All prices are subject to change at GILLIES CLEANING discretion. You will be notified of this prior to the next scheduled clean.